Hospital Heliport - Air Transport Service
An avant-garde building, located in San José, Costa Rica, on Central and First Streets, built according to world class environmental regulations and standards, allows urban access to each one of the most important public hospitals in the country.
It is the only hospital heliport at the national level authorized by the Dirección General de Aviación Civil (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) to transfer patients.
We offer the following advantages:
- t is the only hospital heliport authorized by the Dirección General de Aviación Civil for the transfer of patients during both day and night.
- The heliport is available to transfer patients to public hospitals with prior coordination of the receiver establishment and ground transport from the helipad to the corresponding hospital.
- 24 hour service
- Immediate patient attention
- Constant communication with the clinical staff of the Hospital
- Formalized protocol for operative coordination of aeromedical transfers.
- Protocol for immediate medical attention, availability of the intensive care unit and operating room, also emergency service
Benefits offered by our heliport:
- For greater security our heliport has lighting, VASI (visual approach slope indicator), identification beacon, wind cone and obstruction lights at strategic points.
- You can depend on a highly trained staff to give signals of support to the pilot, waiting room, ground transport and weather conditions bymeans of the Web site.
- Duly authorized by the Dirección General de Aviación Civil, with capacity for three helicopters.
|Coordinates||095535, 4N 0840445, 0W|
|Dimensions of the FATO||15m x 15m
|Surface of the FATO||Concrete|
|Approach lighting system||Adjacent high points illuminated with Beacon to identify location by pilot|
|Elevation||1,180 M AMSL|
|Critical aircraft||MD EXPLORER 902|
|Location||Central Canton, Cathedral district, province of San José|
Operational Landing requirements:
- Pilot license
- Up-to-date health exam
- Policy of civil responsibility
- Steps to coordinate the reception of a transferred patient
- The coordinator of Flight PAR (Person of Attention en Route) notifies the EER (Specialized Reception Team) at telephone 2256-9861 about the transfer needs of a patient.
- Once the notification of the approval for the transfer has been received by the EER, the PAR must contact Monitoring at telephone 2522-1116.
It is located on the rooftop of the parking building. See map.