Intensive care unit for newborn babies: we have a special area equipped with state-of-the-art technology in which we provide specialized attention in case of a complication in the newborn baby.
Intermediary care unit for newborn babies: a special area with closed and open incubators offering attention to medium risk newborns that need hospitalization (oxygen therapy, low weight premature babies, jaundice and other treatments). In this unit, the parents will be able to stay with their baby during the whole day.
In addition we provide:
- Vaccination center.
- Neonatal phototherapy center.
- Room for fetal monitoring.
- Room in which provides modern fetal monitoring for one baby or twins. The obstetric nurse performs, evaluates and communicates to the treating physician the results of the monitoring. This room is available 24 hours a day.
- Clinical Laboratory.
- Blood Bank.
- Respiratory therapy.
- Four-dimensional Ultrasound.
- Medical consultation with specialists from Gynecology, Pediatrics, Neonatology, Pneumology, Surgery, Neurology, Cardiology, etc.
- Cosmetic services in the hospital room: Make-up and Blower by professionals.
- Professional photographic session: CD with professional retouched photos. The first photo of the newborn baby is added to the webpage of New Arrivals.
In order to adhere to national and international statutes in the promotion and encouragement of maternal breastfeeding, we created the first maternal Breastfeeding Clinic, at the private level in the country that provides the mother with training, help or orientation by telephone consultation, individualized attention and in group sessions.
In the group sessions, given once a week, patients can clarify their doubts and share their experiences. This project relies on the help of an interdisciplinary team that makes up the Committee on Maternal Breastfeeding, composed of a pediatrician, nutritionist, gynecologist, social worker and obstetric nurses.
This clinic is located in the Maternity Department and is attended by obstetric nurses 24 hours a day.
For the Clínica Bíblica Hospital it is an honor and a blessing to be part of such a happy occasion. We are at your service with more than 20 years of experience.
Upon registration you will receive:
- *Workshop on infant massage
- *Workshop for caregivers of children
*choice of course depending on availability of dates in 2015. Restrictions apply
- Pamphlet entitled “Preparation manual for the family expecting a baby.” (“Manual de Preparación para la Familia Gestante”).
- CD with relaxation therapy for the pregnant woman.
- Presentation with special guests: gynecologist, nutritionist, pediatrician, physical trainer, and obstetric nurses.
- Meals for each participant: breakfast, lunch and refreshments in the afternoon.
- Products of the sponsors.
- Certificate of participation in the course.
- Raffles during the event´s closing session.
Contents of the course
- Workshop of maternal breastfeeding (obstetric nurse).
- Demonstration of how to bathe a newborn (obstetric nurse).
- Care of a newborn (neonatologist).
- Healthy diet during pregnancy (nutritionist).
- Diet for the six-month old baby and older (nutritionist).
- Workshop of relaxation, breathing and massages during labor (obstetric nurse).
- Preparative classes of physical exercises for the pregnant woman (physical trainer).
- Labor, delivery, post-partum and caesarean section (Specialist in obstetrics/gynecology).
- Personalized and programmed tour of the installations
- Women with more than 4 months of gestation or pregnancy.
- Payment of registration fee. To ensure space in the course, you must pay for your enrollment in the following accounts under the name of ASEMECO (Asociación de Servicios Medicos Costarricenses).
- Banco Nacional Nº 200701-1
- Banco de Costa Rica Nº 100-766-1
Note:Send a copy of the receipt via fax to telephone: 2522-1088 with the full name of the participants. This must be done one week before the activity takes place. For more information, please call telephone: 2522-1000.
For further information, please call: 2522-1000.
This course gives parents a chance to share the experience of affective touch with their babies, while fostering bonding as their emotional relationship is strengthened.
- Given by an instructor who has been certified by the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM).
- Intended for parents or grandparents and babies younger than one year of age.
Benefits of infant massage for the baby:
- Stimulation of the immunological system, weight increase.
- Relaxation at bedtime and improvement in sleep patterns.
- Decrease in stress hormone levels of the babies.
- Possible alleviation of certain discomforts like colic, gas, reflux, and constipation.
- Possible help in reducing the baby´s crying that might be caused by physical or emotional pain.
Benefits of the course for the parents:
- Improving communication and interaction between them and their baby.
- Learning to recognize and read their baby´s clues.
- Providing an intimate space in which to connect and share.
- Improving parental confidence in their ability to care for their baby.
If you wish to obtain further information about the course and/or reserve your space, you may call (506) 2522-1000 ext. 1761 of Maternity services of the Clínica Bíblica Hospital.
Please fill the form below
This is an educational program for the parents who have decided to have the delivery of their children at Hospital Clínica Bíblica.
It consists in a series of lectures and workshops addressing subjects of great relevance in the field of motherhood and pediatrics. Such subjects are developed by healthcare professionals, such as pediatricians, certified nurse-midwives or obstetric nurses, and psychologists.
La afiliación es gratuita.
It pleases us to accompany you step by step
The waiting, birth and growth of a new life are a source of joy. The team of doctors and nurse-midwives of the maternity services of the Clínica Bíblica Hospital offers you workshops for the mother- to- be.
It is a special activity for pregnant women, where educational lectures, special activities and a visit to the maternity ward of the Clínica Bíblica Hospital are given. It is free of charge.
Please fill the next form:
We are located in the Cabezas López Building, fifth floor. Check the site map for its location.
Central Telephone Exchange: (506) 2522-1000