Rheumatology is a specialty of the Clínica Bíblica Hospital that treats people who generally have diseases that generate pain, especially in the joints.
It is important to know that there are diseases that do not necessarily affect the articulations but are of rheumatic origin, like lupus, vasculitis, osteoporosis and fibromyalgia.
The rheumatologist is the doctor in charge of making an early diagnosis and choosing the right treatment that can prevent permanent damage from these diseases. The role of the rheumatologist, more than palliative, is the intervention and avoiding damage and mortality from the disease.
The Hospital has a big group of doctors, highly qualified in rheumatology in adults, as well as in children.
The Hospital has three rheumatologists; specialists with a close relationship with two pediatric immunologists, also from the Hospital, in charge of treating rheumatology in children.
Two of the rheumatologists from the Hospital are certified in diagnosis and intervention of procedures guided by ultrasound, technology within the rheumatology service that allows the resolution of different common painful pathologies quickly during the consultation.
The Clínica Bíblica Hospital is the only private hospital in the country that makes diagnosis and procedure interventions guided by ultrasound.
With the aim to offer a real and effective treatment option to the fibromyalgic patients, the Clínica Bíblica has established a clinic for the integral treatment of this disease.
The clinic offers specialists in rheumatology, psychology, physical therapy and nutrition, and has a treatment cycle, in which the patient attends group sessions where each specialist offers tools to treat the disease. Approached topics include: stress, pain, and how to deal with it, using even behavioral and cognitive techniques.
Objectives of the program
- Reduce interference from pain in the daily life of those affected (work, family, society).
- Intervene on the psychosocial effects that accompany this condition.
- Touch on emotional aspects associated with this condition like anxiety, depression, cognitive dysfunctions, aspects of conduct.
- Integrate nutritional elements and their benefits into the health of the patient.
- Incorporate physical activity to alleviate some symptoms associated with this condition.
The interdisciplinary approach to the clinic of fibromyalgia consists of a group and individual process of intervention that in its totality includes 12 sessions, distributed in 4 work modules that contain the following specialties:
- 2 evaluations by a specialist in rheumatology (1 group, 1 individual)
- 4 sessions of group psychotherapy in charge of a psychologist
- 3 evaluations in charge of a physical therapist (2 individual, 1 group)
- 3 sessions in charge of a professional nutritionist (1 individual, 2 groups)
Diagnosis of fibromyalgia by a doctor with references that establish the diagnosis and pharmacological treatment being received. Frequency: One intervention every one or two weeks with a duration of 4 months. Group space: 10 people maximum. Investment: ¢150.000 colones which includes didactic material, snack.
To reserve space and receive additional information, please call (506) 2522-1000 ext. 6042 of the Clinica Biblica Hospital or email at email@example.com.